Opened in 2003, Bishop Macdonell WCDSB, is a beautiful and welcoming Secondary School, located in Southern Guelph, and serving approximately 750 students from the city of Guelph and surrounding area.
Our amazing school features:
- a peaceful chapel for gathering and prayer
- a two-story bright open concept large main foyer with student seating
- athletic features, including:
- varsity gymnasium
- 2nd floor mezzanine spectator area and ping-pong play zone
- workout room
- asphalt track
- various sports fields and facilities shared with the City of Guelph
- large, windowed cafetorium with hot food cafeteria services
- Library Learning Commons
- media design room
- professional drama theater with retractable seating
- construction room
- learning kitchen
- dedicated computer labs
- BM News green room
Our Interior Design class has been working toward improving our spaces and have already made the foyer, washrooms, and Library/Learning Commons more welcoming spaces for our school community.
Bishop Macdonell is adjacent to the local businesses, expansive Preservation Park and South End Community Park. Our school boasts a wonderful community, beautiful facility AND an amazing view!
Welcome to Bishop Macdonell, where OUR BLOOD RUNS CELTIC BLUE.